yazilimweb tasarim

Egremont Rangers 22 Leigh Miners Rangers 22

Sep 25 • Archived Match Reports, Senior Club News • 1690 Views • No Comments on Egremont Rangers 22 Leigh Miners Rangers 22

Miners picked up a hard-fought point with a thrilling draw at Cumbrians Egremont in an entertaining game. Under pleasantly-sunny early autumn conditions Miners had to battle in adversity, playing a quarter of the match with reduced numbers through two sin-binnings and overturning a 12-4 first half deficit. Injuries and unavailability saw a much-changed side with Gary Gittens, Paul Anderson and Danny Galvin coming in for first starts of the season, the latter following a lengthy early-morning dash from his workbase to make the coach. Meanwhile new signing Anthony Gurhy made a debut on the wing and teenagers Ryan Monaghan and Liam Ratcliffe continued after impressing the previous weekend.
Egremont have enjoyed a fine interim season so far, toppling Premier Division Thatto and Wath Brow, and playing down the Gillfoot Park slope they opened strongly,, James McDonald darting through from acting half after just seven minutes, Matt Brewsher goaling. However Miners rallied strongly with Darryl Kay leading by example, and his break was continued by Martin Lewis who expertly drew the fullback before setting Leon Brennan running clear to score. Egremont hit back, some improvised handling down the right ending with Kevin Brown taking the pass back on the inside and diving in for a six-pointer, and Kieran Dainty had to produce a fine try-saving tackle to deny the rampaging Richard Farrer before Miners hit back before the break, Ryan Smith dummying over from close range for a try goaled by Tom Bradbury and 12-10 at the break.
With the slope in their favour Miners had high hopes of overturning the disadvantage in the second half and they made a strong start, Smith cutting through down the middle and young Monaghan in support for his first senior try, Bradbury goaling to put the visitors ahead for the first time. However within minutes Egremont served notice that they wouldn’t be rolling over, Jack Murray just about squeezing in at the corner to level matters.
Miners were dealt a further blow as Brennan was sin-binned but despite the man disadvantage they produced the try of the game, some fine rugby shipping the ball rapidly across field and Steve Kenny capping a good performance with the try out wide. As Brennan prepared to return to the field Miners weren’t about to return to parity though as Dainty was simultaneously sin-binned for a professional foul, and with the man extra Egremont made it count, Rhys Davies cutting back inside to score.
At 20-20 with time ticking Miners found a response straight from the restart, Gittens with a huge hit on Luke McCourt which so disoriented the substitute that he failed to play the ball, Bradbury landing the resultant penalty. However there was a final twist and Egremont finished strongly, ensuring the draw with a penalty for markers being offside.

Related Posts

Comments are closed.

« »