Update! We will be outside the Leigh Sports Village this Sunday (1st March) with our new Girls Display before Leigh Centurions take on London Broncos. There will be activities for girls to try rugby league and get information on our Taster session as detailed below:
Come down to Kings Park Playing Fields (WN7 1UE) 10:00am on Sunday 15th march! We’re holding a fun filled taster session for girls aged between 11-16yrs hosted by our established Ladies side.
More details on the poster below…
RUGBY LEAGUE NOT JUST FOR BOYS!!!
What is it?
Rugby league is a bold, dynamic and welcoming sport where players come together to compete in teams in a fun environment. It’s inclusive nature appeals to many age groups.
Is it for me?
If you prefer to play indoors or outdoors, want to mix up the teams with your friends, play just for fun or want a more competitive game that’s fine.
There are several versions of the game including:
- Touch and Tag Rugby League, which are both fast, skillful and action packed team sports, played in a fun and social atmosphere, without any of the tackling you see in the traditional game.
- Contact rugby league, which provides you with a physical contact workout in a safe and friendly environment.
- Wheelchair Rugby League, which is unique in that it offers both disabled and non-disabled players of both sexes the opportunity to compete both with and against each other.
Why is it good for me?
- Time effective way to exercise and keep fit
- Improves speed, agility and strength
- Social benefits of playing in a team or with friends
- It’s a fun alternative to the gym
How much does it cost?
Rugby League is an affordable sport to get involved in at around £12 per month.
What equipment do I need?
Any comfortable sports kit. Rugby or football boots are recommended but trainers are fine if you just want to try it.
I would like to find out more?
Please come down and join in, or just have a chat with the coaches, ladies side and officials on the day. You can even contact us before hand using the details on our ladies page here